I would like to enter the following card into Emmas Crafty Challenge for March.
After trying the mosaic technique on the butterflies for Tims challenge I decided to see where else it could go. I attempted to cut grungepaper with double sided sticky sheet adhered to it using the largest spellbinder butterfly die in my big shot. Unfortunately the machine didn't want to go through all the layers but this turned out to be a happy accident. It went through far enough that I could cut around the outside easily. Leaving the on the sticky side I removed the backing paper from just the cut out areas the die didnt quite cut through, leaving behind the sticky. I then brushed on some blue mica powder into those areas before moving the rest of the backing paper leaving the rest of the butterfly sticky. I followed Tim Holtz tutorial to mosaic the butterfly before brushing in a vintage green mica powder to the grouted areas.
Most of the scraps came from off cuts of the papers I used to piece into the debossed area of cardstock embossed with the Geometric Special Touch Mica Mask. This was matted and layered onto some metallic card and then onto a5 size white card that has been embossed with butterflies.
The sentiment is from a Creative Expressions set I won last year. I stamped with versamark then embossed with a red WOW embossing powder, I then brushed over parts of the embossing with the same mica powders used in the butterfly, heating between each application, this gives a colour changing effect not quite seen to its best extent in the photo. I finished off with a strip dicut with spellbinders, some pearly glue dots and 'hat pins'.