Thursday 22 March 2012

Day 3 Creative Chemistry with Tim Holtz


The past three days have been amazing, doing the online classes with Tim I have learned so much. Today I managed just two of the three projects in around 3 hours.  I have so many ideas rolling round in my head to use these processes for other projects.

For the archival resist technique we stamped colour archival onto gloss card. I only had 2 Brilliance archival inks and none of Tim's texture stamps so I used sequin waste as a mask and then flipped it over to 'stamp' the residue ink onto the card.  I love the strong black image in contrast to the briht colours, the photo really is a washed out version of my original.


I loved playing with alcohol inks, and discovering how much they moved when the solution was added.  Again the picture is a bit paler than my version.

3 comments:

  1. Great tags! The backgrounds look great and the black images really pop...Having fun with this! See you in class later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh these are fabulous - I really love your watercolour stamped one on the previous post too - its come out really well hasnt it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tags!! Love the stamps.

    ReplyDelete