Tuesday, 27 March 2012
Day 7 Creative Chemistry
Todays experiments have been great fun and I'm so pleased with the outcome I hope to use some of the rusted enamel pieces shown in my final show and tell project.
After making the tag I cut out the other pieces and applied the same technique of wiping on distress inks, applying clear embossing powder and then removing some before heating and distressing. I applied rusty hinge to one of the bookplates and think the end effect looks like old leather.
For the nostalgic Batik technique I used the same stamps as on yesterdays tag just changing the colours, I'm not entirely happy with the colour scheme but have posted it below for reference.