Tuesday 27 March 2012

Day 7 Creative Chemistry



Todays experiments have been great fun and I'm so pleased with the outcome I hope to use some of the rusted enamel pieces shown in my final show and tell project.


After making the tag I cut out the other pieces and applied the same technique of wiping on distress inks, applying clear embossing powder and then removing some before heating and distressing.  I applied rusty hinge to one of the bookplates and think the end effect looks like old leather.






For the nostalgic Batik technique I used the same stamps as on yesterdays tag just changing the colours, I'm not entirely happy with the colour scheme but have posted it below for reference.

6 comments:

  1. Oh love, love your rusted enamel pieces Jassy. And you're much further ahead of me in already thinking about you show and tell project!
    See you in class again tomorrow
    Janie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great rusted enamel pieces! You've given me an idea or two. I like your second tag as well. I think we learn from what we think are mistakes but others seem to like!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rusted enamel pieces are such fun to make arent they - I love all yours and tag with the galleon on, I like those colours together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really great tags, loving that green that I don't have yet.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the tags and hardware! Cool effects on both. I like the color combo you used. The clipper ship shows nice against the background.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the Hardware you did with your tags! Just color combination is great...TFS

    ReplyDelete