This month I have used a box frame to display my tag. The tag was cut down slightly to fit so my elements have spilled over the edges more than usual.
I will be submitting this piece to 12 tags of 2012 May and also to the Simon Says anything goes the Craft room add fabric challenge and the Inspiration emporium may flowers challenge.
To create it I followed Tim's workshop but used a dress pattern piece that had a perfectly sized image, most dress patterns have a layout guide like this one. After I had roughed up the edges of the tag I dipped them in pva and Frantage enamels before heat embossing. The domed element is a glass piece glued over a snippet from an Ideaology paper.
For the sentiment piece I stamped then tore out the sentiment before distressing lightly with blue and brown, I then coated with crackle accents.
I dipped the spool edges in pva glue and then heat embossed with Frantage enamels
For the Flowers I lightly distressed the edges of the petals and dipped in utee
To create the piece I used
distress inks - faded jeans and festive berries
distress stain - weathered wood
Sentiment from Creative expressions Vintage Sewing stamps by Sam Poole
Stampendous cling stamp - dress form- from the corsetry set
Stampendous Frantage embossing enamel mixes in blue and gold
wow ebony embossing powder
ultra thick embossing enamel
Inkessentials crackle accents
Ideaology hanger clip
small mulberry paper roses
scraps of fabric, lace, piece, of tape measure from a christmas cracker and half a wooden spool.
Crowded attic paper stash
Tim's Tutorial for this tag revisited one of the techniques used in CC101 that I hadn't really got to grips with at the time as I hadn't got an embossing folder with sufficient blank space to enable me to stamp the folder and create a background behind the embossed areas. I now have a lovely folder which creates a frame and was able to use it in this tag. I also used the folder to emboss the metal crown. I don't have any reflections stamps but swirls work well too. Its worth stamping onto the folder before embossing as then the embossed areas come out clean. I have sort of worked out that if I want a stamp with script to come out the right way round using this technique I can transfer the image onto the folder using a brayer. I just love the word bands and my daughter has said she will buy me another pack just so she can get to keep the one I've used here:)
For the march challenge I have made some mosaic butterflies, however, I replaced the embossing powder 'grouting' with perfect pearls. Tim used a woodgrain stamp which I don't have so I did a crackle effect with a gold undercoat and an off white top coat. I wanted my tag to look slightly lighter than Tim's as it will be the main focus on my mothers day card. I would also like to enter this into the Simon Says Stamp and Show ... An Idea-Ology Bonanza!
The other products I used were from the ideaology range - grunge paper, trinket pins, papers from the crowded attic and vintage shabby stashes. I also used walnut stain distress ink and Tim Holtz stamp from Going Somewhere by Stampers Anonymous and glossy accents. More mosaics on my home page http://jassy-playtime.blogspot.com/2012/03/taking-butterfly-one-flutter-further.html