Monday, 23 July 2012

Butterfly book

I've been playing with a sizzix die and come up with this butterfly book in spring and summer seasonal distress colours.  The covers are cut from grungepaper which had one coat of picket fence distress stain before distressing with various colours.  The top layers are distress crackled.  Because I used embossing powder on the front main part I had to heat it with the result it shrunk a bit.
The crackle on the heart isn't as perfect as I'd like because I ran out of rock candy distress.

Back cover  has spritz and flick technique.

Wednesday, 18 July 2012

Another card from day 7 SYS

For this card I used the spring seasonal distress colour shaded lilac, the same stamp set as before plus a sentiment from a Creative Expressions set.  I stamped all over the card using a small rose stamp using a matching larger rose for the image which I stamped then coloured using a blender pen.  The sentiment is embossed with WOW white pearl but the lilac ink still came through.  The die cut shapes are all Spellbinders.

I'd like to enter this card into the Simon Says Stamp and show no rules challenge

Tuesday, 17 July 2012

SYS Day 7 Stamped and blended

My second card from day 7 also uses a stamp from the above set, stamped with aged mahogany distress ink and then coloured using just shale colour promarker and the blender pen. I've left this really simple as I love the effect and didn't want to spoil it by making it too fussy.

SYS day 7

The first card I made today turned out exactly as I'd hoped:)  The theme for this one is stamping on glitter and a swing card design.  The floral stamp is from one of the first sets I ever bought and All I can see on the packaging to identify them is 'scrapbooking clear stamps', there are two sets with garden themes, if anyone recognises them I'd love to know who made them as they have lasted well.  I coloured the sunflowers using promarkers.  The sentiment is from the Creative Expressions British wild flowers set.

My second card from day 7 also uses a stamp from the above set, stamped with aged mahogany distress ink and then coloured using just shale colour promarker and the blender pen.  I've left this really simple as I love the effect and didn't want to spoil it by making it too fussy.

Friday, 13 July 2012

Key Hanger

I've been playing with something a bit different today and made this key hanger.  Most products  used were from Tim Holtz collections.

Below is a piccy of some of the kit used.  This includes two sizzix dies, harware and brackets on the edge from the alterations range.  I also used distress inks in rusty hinge, aged walnut and evergreen bough from the winter set, black archival ink plus WOW clear embossing powder and a bit of lace coloured with the inks.  I over stamped the paper with Pilkington Lane Transport stamps.

Thursday, 12 July 2012

SYS day 3

I've not had much luck with day 3 as my stamps just didn't want to do what was being demonstrated.  In the end I decided I needed to make more alphabet stamps using the Tim Holtz Wordplay bigz die!

This card is a mock up of what I ultimately want to achieve with them, because they have no edges its possible to put them much closer together.  The front piece is sprayed with three colours of Dylusions sprays and the base card is some kraft cardstock.

Wednesday, 11 July 2012

Stretch your stamps day 2

I have spent most of the day playing with collage stamps.  don't have the ones used in the class or anything like them but I do have these fab stamps by Sheena Douglas so I thought I should try and do something different with those.  My last project completed at 10pm last night is pretty cool although it was possibly one of the easiest to achieve, I used a blended distress/spritz and flick technique after embossing the image with clear powder to create a resist, simply embellished with an acetate crown and a few gems, the inks are all from the Ranger summer distress pallete.

Below are a couple of the ones that didn't quite work, I think there wasn't enough 'white space' on the stamp for the black inked one to come out clearly.  I also found it stamped better on smooth card rather than watercolour card and versamark worked better than perfect medium.  Not too sure what happened with the dabber resist one as the paint didn't totally resist the ink.  I may well use these for something in the future.

Tuesday, 10 July 2012

Stretch your Stamps

I just started a new online card class called stretch your stamps.  My first day I made a felt ink pad and inked it with summer distress colours.  The theme was using background stamps and here is one attempt at making a card with it.  The radiating colours of the ink are a bit pale on the picture as this was a second generation image after spritzing the stamp with water.

Friday, 6 July 2012


We have had the most amazing 16 nights in Norway, taken gazillions of photos and have so many memories to record.  I brought home some cross stitch kits which I look forward to completing later in the year. 

When we arrived home my new embellishing machine had arrived so I really wanted to get stuck in to making some felted pieces.  As my summer distress inks had been waiting for me to play too I wondered about combining the two so here is my first attempt at felting.

I made a bracelet using black felt as the base and embellished it with white felt pieces cut using spellbinders which I then dyed with the summer distress reinkers.  Fastened with a Tim Holtz hitch fastener.