Sunday 1 April 2012

Creative Chemistry finale




I've really enjoyed my journey into creative chemistry and wanted to make something that would serve as a reference source while including all of the techniques I've learned along the way so I'm creating an art journal in the form of a pocket book to hold all of the tags.

 As usual the picture isn't telling the whole story.  The flower is die cut from fine calico using a bigz flower die, the fabric was stamped with paints then distressed with stains.  To give it some stability I sprayed it liberally with hairspray.  The corner pieces were cut from some of the die cut hardware I distressed earlier.  The die cut birdcage also had the rusted enamel effect and the bird was done with rock candy however I found it wasnt vibrant enough to make the bird stand out so I added some mosaic pieces.









The inside of the book will take me longer to complete but I've put up a couple of pictures of the work in progress.


1 comment:

  1. I LOVE your art journal! This is STUNNING...TFS the purple hues are very warming. HUGS

    ReplyDelete