Wednesday, 20 July 2011

Wildflower Card - Composition

Aren't  digital cameras the best thing ever invented?  I am playing with the composition of this card and it was so easy to try out various options without fear of forgetting which one I tried first!  I'm still torn between 2 ideas so I thought I'd post the project unfinished and see what feedback it got :)

here is a pic of all the items I used, in addition I used a little coordinating paper, plain cardstock, raffia and two Ideaology fragments.  I would have used round glass glintz as they would have  magnified the little moths/butterflies beautifully but I couldnt find them!  All of the inks are a coordinating green colour.  The finished card measures 8" x 8" and the main image  is 4" x 4".

 Stamping - I stamped the main image by daubing the Ranger distress stain onto the stamp.  Using the Versamark pad I stamped images onto the background.  The rectangular green paper started out as smooth white cardstock, I stamped images with Versamark and then brayered lettuce Adirondack over it.  Still using the lettuce I stamped two butterfly images and a sentiment onto white card and set them aside for later.

Spritzing - Both the background and the main image were spritzed with Cosmic Shimmer mist - golden mint.  I cut an oversized mat for behind the main image from coordinating cardstock, scrunched it up and spritzed it with the cosmic shimmer, scrunched it when wet, spritzed again then smoothed it out and left it to dry.  For the intermediate layer I tore some plain white paper and dyed it with the distress stain.  I matted and layered the green paper with coordinating card

Finishing - I glued the two fragments on top of the butterfly images using glossy accents, the ink bled a teensy bit but that added to the charm.  I trimmed the edges when dry.  I tore out the stamped sentiment and then gently distressed the edges with lettuce ink.  Using perfect medium and clear embossing powder I double embossed the sentiment piece.  I tied a bow using shredded raffia and put a few dots of stickles on the seedheads.  Now all I have to do is decide the final layout.  All suggestions are welcome.


  1. Well.... if it was me I would be delighted with both cards... good colours and balance a fine piece of work ! The only tiny thing I would change and from the first picture in this post you already HAVE! is to move the sentiment away from the bottom of the 'diamond'(picture at the bottom of your post) over to the side ( picture at the top of your post) .... sooooooo make two ! xx :)

  2. Sorry THREE layouts not two ..... ... great work x!