Thursday 7 July 2011

Needle Book

I have had this blank book from Eco Green for a long time awaiting inspiration.  Recently I came across a large collection of vintage paper needle cases that I had been saving and decided to use the book to make a needle book in which I can store both vintage and useable needles.

Before I started decorating I aged and distressed the book with Ranger walnut stain and brushed courduroy inks.  I then splattered with water and blotted to get the splqattered effect. I used Creative Expressions Vintage Sewing stamps by Sam Poole, some Tim Holtz papers and a piece of core-dinations cardstock, torn and embossed with sizzix embossing folders then sanded to reveal the core and distressed with walnut stain distress ink.  For the reels of thread I stamped and cut out the image before winding on coordinating thread.  I then used glossy accents on the areas of the reels still exposed.  The sentiment was coated with crackle glaze.

No comments:

Post a Comment