Before I started decorating I aged and distressed the book with Ranger walnut stain and brushed courduroy inks. I then splattered with water and blotted to get the splqattered effect. I used Creative Expressions Vintage Sewing stamps by Sam Poole, some Tim Holtz papers and a piece of core-dinations cardstock, torn and embossed with sizzix embossing folders then sanded to reveal the core and distressed with walnut stain distress ink. For the reels of thread I stamped and cut out the image before winding on coordinating thread. I then used glossy accents on the areas of the reels still exposed. The sentiment was coated with crackle glaze.