Thursday, 30 May 2013
Playing with masks/stencils
Above is simple tag on kraft card using a That Special Touch script stencil for the background, I first put distress ink through the mask and then moving the mask slightly sprayed dylusions through. I then used the new splodgeaway mask stencils and distress in aged mahogany and antique linen for the face and to distress around the edges.
This was designed as a wall hanging on mount board that has been painted black. The mask was embossed using textured paste through the finer detailed part of the mask, when that was dry I placed the shadowy detail part of the mask over the first bit and went through the mask using a light colour distress ink, I then placed the more detailed part of the mask back in place over the embossing and added some perfect pearls just to those parts. I distressed around the edges then mounted onto a piece of card that was covered roughly in texture paste when dry I added various paints and distress inks.