Wednesday 11 September 2013

September Journal page

September began with lots of rain so perhaps that is why I came up with this idea.  Or maybe it was just that the Tim Holtz die arrived in the post recently and I just had to play with it.  I die cut the man from thick acetate and used him as a mask using the same technique as the earlier journal page.  I also received black soot distress paint as a gift this month and used that instead of the distress ink.  I still don't have a fine white pen so outlined the men with picket fence distress paint and a brush.  The plus side is that it is much more black, downside is that the paint bled a little under the mask.  I love the way the left hand page turned out too and cannot thank Dyan Reavely enough for sharing this simple technique.  The sentiment is a stamp by Sheena Douglas stamped with picket fence distress paint.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment