Wednesday 17 July 2013

Flutterby Butterfly

This card was a result of using my previous project as inspiration and adding in a couple of summer challenges.



The first challenge was to add layers.  I used stamps away stamp n colour card which is semi glossy.  The archival resist technique used in the previous project involves at least two layers, first the stamped archival ink, then the distress.  I used the summer colours, picked raspberry and salty ocean.  I added a third layer by stamping butterflies with clear ink and clear embossing.  I then added a fourth layer using mowed lawn distress ink.  The black swirl is stamped onto the distressed cardstock and embossed with WOW ebony embossing powder. 


I added another dimension by making an acetate wrap onto which I stamped and embossed the sentiment.  Finally I stamped some butterflies and embossed them using WOW white pearl.  I then took some cosmic shimmer mica powders in colours matching the inks and dusted that over the embossing before reheating.  I cut out the butterflies and adhered them to the acetate front.

All stamps used were by Sheena Douglass

I would like to enter this project into Hels Sheridan's Sunday Stamper Build your layers challenge  , the Country View Crafts Summer Sizzler challenge and the WOW embossing powder summer and sunshine challenges






4 comments:

  1. Really good layering here of the various inks etc - lovely quotation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THis is TOTALLY stunning. I really love it! WOW, WOW and WOW. Thanks for joing in with us over at WOW EMBOSSING POWDERS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, love the colours and the composition. Thanks for joining in with our challenge this month at Country View Challenges. Chris xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That´s such a wonderfull card! Unbeliefabel what a fantastic project you have created with your Embossing Powders! Thank you for joining us at WOW! Embossing Powders! xx Bianca

    ReplyDelete