Tuesday 12 March 2013

Altered paper mache suitcase.

This little case is made from paper mache and an ideal size to store bits of haberdashery, because I plan on using it everything had to be well glued down and durable.  I'd like to enter this into the WOW embossing powder march Anything Goes challenge.


Before covering I distressed all of the edges and corners with iced spruce distress ink.  I then covered the entire box with co ordinating Graphic 45 papers from the Ladies Diary collection using cosmic shimmer glue which has a good grip. I then distressed all of the edges again with iced spruce.  I cut out the decorative panels  backing the 'post card' with a piece of kraft card which I had distressed and then embossed with wow embossing powders, I used pepper, gold pear, burgundy red and metallic gold.  I distressed the edges of the case, the front panel and the strip with iced spruce and metallic gold.

 
The chipboard tag is backed with a scap of co ordinating paper and distressed around the edges.

1 comment:

  1. Another stunning piece of work - must of taken an age, and such delicate embossing too. Fabulous!

    Thanks for joining the WOW! Embossing Powder March Challenge and good luck!

    Neil

    ReplyDelete