Thursday 24 January 2013

Backgrounds using distress reinkers and acrylic

I've been playing with acrylic paint and distress reinkers.  For the first two tags I put acrylic paint blobs onto my craft sheet and added a few of drops of colour to the paint and then spritzed with water before swiping in the tags.  The three colours used were from the 2012 summer distress set.

 
I then spread a layer of white acrylic onto my sheet and spritzed reinker that had been diluted with water onto the paint. The first impression was quite thick so I pressed it onto a second piece of watercolour card.



Then I spritzed some more ink onto the sheet and id another impression onto watercolour card


and finally added more ink but also spritzed the paint with water, the colours blended a lot more.

 
I will now attempt to make some cards with these backgrounds.  The first two done on watercolour aren't completely flat as more of the paint came through so they should make interesting stamping backgrounds.
 
First card
 
 
 
 





1 comment: