Update - I've redone the card after getting some good advice so here it is
I spent the best part of today playing with the MCS Important Date cd. There are some fantastic papers and images and I had the idea to make a masculine card first. I thought the basic card was a little unbalanced so I spent half an hour or more failing to find my 'coathanger' paperclips to make an embellishment before resorting to cutting out the spellbinder borders. I was still not happy as at this point the message was not in the right place so I moved that. I think it's still unbalanced! As I went to photograph it I discovered that despite several checks I've stuck everything on the wrong way round and the card opens from the bottom! Still I am posting it here as a record and hoping to get a few constructive comments on how to make the next one better.